Saturday, April 25, 2009

Now For The Hard Work

Recently my partner and I separated.  It's only been 4 months but it feels like the longest 4 months of my life.  

In that 4 months I have done a lot of soul searching, crying, therapy, readingm pretty much anything to get my self out of the darkness that had surrounded me for so long.  It hasn't been easy, I have had to be very honest, sometimes brutally so,  with myself (credit to IC).  It wasn't easy but I knew if I had to move forward it was the only way.  

Along the way I learnt that I am a beautiful person, I am strong, I am vulnerable, I can love and be loved.  I can be all of these all the time and I am not a failure or a weak woman (courtesy of my mum).  

As parents we do the best we can and I know that mine did the best they could.  I think sometimes though as adults we get caught up in the everyday crap that takes over and we forget to just enjoy "the moment" .  I am now living the moment, feeling it and letting it embrace me.  I have  had a hard time doing this especially in my relationship with my partner.

So after 4 months I am coming out of the darkness and seeing the bright light that life has to offer me.  My partner wants to come home and work on our relationship, together.  I am over the moon and excited but now know that the hard work begins. 

Communication, love, trust, honesty all play a really big part in any relationship.  Without them you are slowly sinking into the depths of the darkness.  

1 comment:

  1. Tears in my eyes right now... So glad you have been given a second chance. Seize it! Be honest and true. Be loving and kind. I'm so happy for you and will quietly cheer you on in the sidelines. xo

    ReplyDelete