Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Rambling

This is not a poem, but just a little ramble about me and life.  Life as I once knew it has changed "just a little bit".  This is my own little part of the world where I can just be me.  Not mum, or worker, or partner, just me.  Where I can write down all the little things that come into my head, good or bad.  I have always thought of poetry as....well I suppose i haven't really thought about it all.  I didn't really understand it.  I could never understand how someone could write such pretty words and yet thousands would read those words and have their own interpretation of what those words meant.  I felt it was an injustice to the writer of those words.  I voiced this opinion to someone not long ago and they "thats what poetry is all about, your interpretation".  I still struggle with this.  Another point is the whole rhyming thing.  Poems I've read always ryhmed.  The two I wrote do rhyme though I didn't do it deliberately.  I just wrote what I felt at the time.  Enough rambling for one night. 
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 comment:

  1. That is the beauty of the blog, write whatever the hell you want. It doesn't matter if it makes sense to other people. It really doesn't matter if it makes sense to you. It can just be such a sweet release.

    As for the poetry. I love to write it. It doesn't rhyme. It's just my thoughts. And they are always open to interpretation. That's the beauty. : )

    ReplyDelete